Friday, April 20, 2012

Updates: Created a NEW Blog

Hello there:)

Sorry for the lack of posts on here recently. Sometimes I am really good at keeping up with it, while other times I am absolutely horrible. This is mostly because there really hasnt been anything exciting to share with you recently! I could give you updates each day about what we are doing, but you would get bored and stop following us after about the first day. Our lives look the same just about every day when we are working. We wake up and go to work, come back and Ben writes up the claims, then we have dinner together, watch movies, eat ice cream, hang out, play games and than go to sleep and do it all again the next day! We enjoy it, but it's not to thrilling for those of you out there who are reading it!

So currently we are still working in McAllen, Texas from the large hail storm that happened a few weeks ago. We are actually only booked through tomorrow, so potentially we could be out of here very soon, but that just depends on if they have more work here for us or not... So we will see! ( I maybe take that back... it is hailing baseball size hail right now...)

About all that has happened since I last posted was Easter... For Easter Ben and I decided to stay true to our tradition of "Holidays On The Road"... yes, we had our Easter dinner at Cracker Barrel!:) After church we had one claim to do andTodd went out to lunch with some friends of his who are also here working, so we missed out on lunch andinstead had an Easter dinner feast after the claim. It was very sweet though, as we were leaving the claim, the neighbor came over and invited us for Easter dinner with his family! He knew we were away from home and didnt even know us but wanted us to have a place to go for the holiday. He was a Christian man and it was really neat to see him welcoming strangers in to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior together! (He didnt even know we were Christians)...

We didnt go to his house though, we had to go write the claim up and he didnt tell us what time to be there. So we headed to Cracker Barrel. We enjoy going to Cracker Barrel for holidays when we are away from family. It is probably the closest thing to Home-Holiday-Cooking that we can get away from home. They have all sorts of different side-dishes and it is a really fun and family environment, so we really enjoy it!

Easter dinner at Cracker Barrel!

Always have to sit and rock on the rocking chairs when we go to Cracker Barrel!



And what better way to celebrate our Savior's resurrection then some Dairy Queen Blizzards?? Yes please!! Cant wait to eat ice cream in heaven with Jesus! There has got to be ice cream in heaven right?!?! I sure hope so!

The internet is a little better today... so here a a few pictures that I couldnt post before:

Ben on his make-shift desk hard at work in our hotel room: they only had one desk and Todd's computer screen doesnt quite fit on the small ironing board!

Yes, the best part of this hotel room: it has a kitchenette!

Some of the hail damage we are seeing here in McAllen...















So I havent been all that great about posting recipes and ideas on here because I havent been home cooking! Cooking is still much different even when you have a kitchenette because you dont have all the spices and everything you need to cook! Plus our stove burners dont ACTUALLY work! haha, I guess they are just to make the room look better. Good news is that Melissa Harris in all her wisdom (and her wonderful husband) gave us a little portable burner so we have that with us and I have used that just about every night! So thank you Melissa and Kyle!

I have been able to make chicken, burgers, spaghetti, tacos, macaroni and cheese,grilled cheese,.... Man oh man have we broadened our horizons since last years travels! No more brats and potatoes, gourmet cooking we have arrived! Not really...

The funny thing is that we hadnt been married very long when we began working, so brats and potatoes werent really a big deal to have EVERY night. Once we got back to our apartment and I began cooking a different meal every night I think we got a little spoiled and picky. So now we do quite a bit more and try to mix it up just about every night. Lucky for Todd, we arent JUST doing brats and potatoes this time!


Well that is about it for updates! I do want to share one last thing with you before I go. I am still getting used to this whole blogging thing, and I'm still learning... but I do know that I'm not so great at just talking about what we are doing, or atleast I have a hard time doing it...I am a deeper person that typically has a hard time just making small talk. I love when I am able to share my thoughts and my heart with others... so since I am not able to add much to the cooking part of this blog right now, I decided to start a new blog. Feel free to check it out! It's on http://yourwordisalampuntomyfeet2.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment