Friday, September 9, 2011

It all started on June 4th, 2011


 As most of you know, Ben and I got married on June 4th, 2011. We had the wedding at my home church, City Hill Fellowship in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Since we are from different places it was difficult to have all of our friends and family in the same place for the wedding. So unfortunately, many loved family and friends were not able to be there to celebrate with us. If you were one of those, know that you were greatly missed!

I had never really dreamed of the kind of wedding that I wanted, so planning for the day was pretty difficult and stressful at times; I had no clue how to plan it and I just wanted to be with Ben and be married. So as the day approached, I continued to pray that our wedding day would not be about that day, but would be about the beginning of our new life together as one. I enjoyed every moment of that day and could not have been more happy to be marrying the man of my dreams; the wonderful man that God clearly brought into my life as a blessing! God is He faithful! He heard my prayers and has allowed me to spend the rest of my life with the most amazing man that I have ever met! So to summarize, it was a wonderful day and looking back on it, it was worth EVERY minute of plannig and preparation!

*Thank you SO much to all who helped out and were there with your support and love on that day! We were humbled and so blessed by your generosity and love towards us!










                                         

From there we went on a two week honeymoon to Molakai, Hawaii,followed by Oahu. In Molakai, we stayed at a condo that was about a 2 minute walk from the beach.  It worked out perfectly; the Island was absolutely beautiful and secluded. If you are ever looking to get away, literally from pretty much everything, seriously consider this Island! We had the beaches to ourselves most of the time, it was peaceful, relaxing, and there was such a wonderful simplicity about the way people live life there. It is not crowded with cars, buildings and there was not 1 stop light on the entire island! Basically it was the perfect getaway to relax and just enjoy the fact that the wedding planning was over and we were finally married!!!


The view over Wakiki from the plane














This was the family room and porch of the condo where we stayed on Molakai
We had dinner on Wakiki beach and watched the sunset



This was the 9-passenger plane we took to get over to Molakai, Hawaii

The beach on Molakai... We were the only ones there!

No comments:

Post a Comment