Friday, September 23, 2011

What do we eat while on the road???

September 23, 2011

Though most of you probably think we are surviving and thriving solely on ice cream alone, it definitely is a number one essential to the Logan food pyramid...but that is not the case.

Let me tell you, it sure is a GREAT thing I married a man who is not picky and wont judge me for my lack of creativity and diversity when it comes to meals! Before getting married, I spent time at home learning how to cook for my soon to be husband. I became obsessed with reading cook books (I still am) and I loved  making different meals and using my family as guinea pigs for my meals. (I secretly think they enjoyed it, though they may not readily admit it right away). I really began to love cooking and was so excited to get my own kitchen, my own cooking supplies, and begin to cook for my new husband.

Who would have known that hotels do not provide you with a complete kitchen, stove and supplies?

Suffice it to say, my cooking excitement has been temporarily put on the back burner because hotels only come with a small refrigerator and microwave (if you're lucky).

SO, what can you cook when 1/2 of us is allergic to gluten (me) and you only have a microwave? Well, that leaves the options pretty limited and that is where creativity must come in; You have to think outside of the box! Unfortunately, I have not gotten that down yet and we eat pretty much the same thing for dinner every night:) Which is why it is a GOOD thing Ben is not picky!

To make a long story short, we made a stop to Costco to search for some options... (We are pretty big fans of Costco, and recently got a membership there! Unfortunately, we have not been able to use it much since they are no where to be found in Wyoming OR Virginia...bummer) We found these chicken brats that were filled with mozarrella and some other things and decided to try them.
Fast forward about 2 months....

We have some variation of those brats just about every night for dinner. Walmart has all different kinds of flavors and they are gluten free and fairly healthy for you. We usually cook them with either a baked potatoe or sweet potatoe. We also get some mexican enchiladas fairly often, so we will do that with chips and salsa for dinner as well.

You'd think you would get sick of having the same thing so often, and many of you probably think it sounds disgusting, but Ben and I actually still look forward to having it just about every night. I take that back, we  get really excited about it! And as odd as it is, when we go away from them for a while, we cant wait to get back into our routine of  those dinners together. I guess we are a bit weird in that way. There will be a time when we have a full kitchen and I can make different meals and have more variety and excitement, but for now it is all part of our crazy adventure and it's pretty fun! 

For lunch we do simple things like sandwiches, fruit, soup, rice cakes and peanut butter, vegetables, etc... things that you can sort of just throw together or bring with you on the road as we work claims.


Well there it is, whether you wanted to know it or not, you now know what we eat while on the road!

Thanks for following along and keeping up with our crazy adventure so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment