Sunday, March 25, 2012

Who knows about Porcelain cookware???

Saturday March 24, 2012

As I said in the previous post... Ben and I do quite a bit of garage sale searching. On Saturday our church was having a garage sale too; so we got up early and went to help set up and stayed there most of the morning. As we were leaving I saw a few things that seemed just too good to pass up... Someone had brought in three porcelain cooking pots that had never been used! 


Well, I love cooking, and I love buying anything having to do with the kitchen... so these looked like a super great deal and something that I figured I would figure out how to cook with and put them to good use! And all together they were only $10.00!! $10.00 for THREE pots?!? Yes please!  They do look a bit outdated, but I think that gives them character:) I'm super excited to use them and I wonder if anyone knows tips on how to cook with porcelain??
 I read up on it a bit... and it seems like they are safe to cook in the oven, microwave and on the stove. They are dishwasher safe AND easy to clean... it is coated so you can use soap to wash. I also read that it cooks the food quite fast so the temperature does not have to be as high, but I'm not exactly sure if that is accurate. Other than that it will be a new experiment to see if they are any different then normal pots and pans. Any wisdom and knowledge to share with me about these is greatly appreciated!! I'm a huge fan of learning from those who have more knowledge and experience then me!:)

10'' Deep covered frying fan, 5 1/2 qt. dutch oven and 9 qt. stock pot


5 Qt. Dutch oven

Inside is coated, non stick

No comments:

Post a Comment