Friday, May 11, 2012

Apple sandwich: Gluten Free and Delicious!

Pinned Image(Photo: Not my own)

So this is probably one of my favorite Go-To recipes now. It is simple, fast, healthy, gluten free, and it tastes REALLY good!

I got the idea from this picture on pinterest and just sort of made it my own.  It is very easy and you can really put whatever you would like on it! This is what I do and I'm obsessed with it!

What You Will Need: (makes 1 serving)

 -1 Apple (your favorite kind)
 -Peanut butter
 -Raisins
 -Coconut
 -Cinnamon
-Note: the amount on all of these varies depending on how much you want.
Preparing the Apple:
-Wash the apple, and lay it on its side. Carefully slice apple into thin slices. ( I usually slice mine into about 4-5 slices. You don't want to slice too thin or the apple may break.
- With a sharp knife carefully cut out the middle core of each slice (I normally try not to make a complete hole if possible because that makes it more difficult to spread the peanut butter; but if you cut the holes all the way through that is fine).
- Spread peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice) onto each apple slice to cover the apple
- Place raisins in single layer to cover peanut butter
- Pour about 1/2 Tbs. of coconut over each apple, or to your own liking
- Sprinkle cinnamon lightly over top of each apple, dont use too much though, you dont want it to overpower everything.
- Devour them!
- You really can use whatever toppings you would like, but trust me... the combination of these flavors flow together beautifully and taste amazing!

It is healthy, PLUS deliciously decieving! You may not think these will fill you up, but because you eat them as a sandwich each they are very filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment