Friday, May 11, 2012

Gluten Free Breakfast Quinoa

I saw this recipe on pinterest one morning and decided I would try it for breakfast. I found that it was WAY too much for one serving but I really liked it! I make it quite a bit now when I'm at home; it is a healthy way to start the day, plus it has a lot of protein and good nutrition with the Quinoa and other ingredients.


Hot Banana Breakfast Quinoa

Adapted from http://www.thewannabechef.net 


What you will need:
  • 1 banana, mashed (I usually use 1/2 to 3/4 the banana)
  • 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
  • 2 eggs (I just use one egg)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 Tbs. almond butter (Or other nut butter of your choice)
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped almonds (You can omit or use other nut of choice)
  • 1 tsp. agave (You can omit, or choose a sweetener of your choice)
  • Other dried fruit of choice
Hot-Banana-Breakfast-Quinoa-garnish
Photo: Not my own


Preparing the Quinoa:
  1. Combine the mashed banana, quinoa, eggs, salt, and cinnamon together in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
  2. Transfer the batter to a ramekin or other microwave-safe bowl, leaving a little room at the top to prevent overflow.
  3. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the center is cooked through and set.
  4. Drizzle the agave and almond butter evenly over top, sprinkle the nuts over and eat hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment