Friday, May 11, 2012

Single Serving Blueberry Muffin: Gluten Free!

This will be quick! When we were back home (for 2 days) I didn't have much time to cook, but I did make a few fun things and I just wanted to share a few of them with you! Along with some of my favorite gluten free meals to eat!
First recipe I tried comes from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ She apparently is a chocolate lover who used to be vegan and she has created MANY easy, gluten free, healthy and delicious looking recipes. For a little while I was addicted to reading the recipes and I'm excited to try more of them out when I get home! But here is one that I did try:
(ps. the photo is not mine, I wish!)


Blueberry Muffin for One:


vegan blueberry muffin
 
  • 3 T flour (I used Bob’s gluten-free)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • heaping 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1-2 T blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 T unrefined coconut oil (You can sub a different oil; however the coconut oil gives it a rich flavor and fun texture. You can use applesauce for a fat-free version.)
  • 1 T plus 1 tsp nondairy milk (Use less if using liquid sweetener.)
  • 1 T sugar (or 1 packet stevia) I omitted, but most people will want some sweetener
Mix the dry ingredients, then add the wet. Pour into a small microwave dish (If you look at Katie's recipe she tells you how to make it in the oven, but I wanted it to be a quick and easy breakfast so I just popped it in the microwave for 90 seconds and it tasted delicious!)
I also made the same recipe but added chocolate chips instead of blueberries! You can be really creative and Katie has all sorts of different ideas on her blog. I thought it was such a great idea because sometimes you dont want to make a whole pan of muffins, but just one is perfect! I made 2 for Ben and 2 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment